Fresh off Canada’s first-ever grand tour win, Hamilton Cycling Club is excited to announce that the four club events from June 12 to June 16 will be treated as a stage race for 2012, called HCC Speedweek.
The stages are:
- June 12 – Indian Trail Time Trial (14.5km)
- June 13 – Snake Road Hill Climb 3 times (4km)
- June 14 – Weir’s Lane Hill Climb 3 times (1.8km)
- June 16 – Falkland Time Trial (20km or 40km)
- Open to full HCC members only
- Riders must complete all four stages; all hill climbs are three times up the hill.
- Just two categories: male and female
- Winners receive a trophy and a special HCC ‘green jersey’
- Falkland 20km or 40km TT treated equally; pick your poison
- Equal points given for riders using aero (time trial) and Merckx (standard road bike) equipment
- Points calculated by placement in each event. (ie. Finishers are ranked 1 to 10, say, and the overall winner has the fewest points)